Thursday, December 17, 2009

Exciting News!

I got a job! Well, I already had a job, but now I have a REAL job - I'm the newest Special Education Teacher at Akins High School! I will have my own Life skills classroom that focuses on vocational training and skill development with an awesome group of students. I have been blogless the last few weeks partially due to preparing for this career leap: getting a portfolio together, interviewing, and now filling out the mountains of paperwork. There is no time to waste since I start as soon as I get back from Winter Break. I'll try to have a more detailed and thoughtful post in the next few weeks . . .

2 comments:

alcaniglia said...

Congratulations. Warning - REAL jobs are overrated.

Unknown said...

Have fun traveling through the mine-field that is Special Education.

Happy Holidays.