Thursday, October 23, 2008

Running Away from Winter

It was difficult to say goodbye to the people of Temi this morning. I'm sure more difficult for me than them because they are used to waving goodbye to volunteers, but I am not used to saying goodbye to 60 wonderful and caring people all at once.

Although it was tough to leave, it an appropriate time to move on. The seasons are changing and the air is cooling quickly, which means no more agricultural work and construction projects are wrapping up for the winter. There is already snow on the ground and most of the fruit has fallen from the trees.


My last few days were spent taking trips to local sites with some of the Temi residents, including an old church overlooking the Telavi valley. I enjoyed the decrease in work and took the opportunity to goof off with the kids as often as possible. I have lots of pictures now, which you can view at Picasa. I just wanted to make a quick post while I'm here in Tbilisi for the afternoon. Tonight I catch a sleeper train to Batumi, then tomorrow a bus to Trabzon, Turkey. I might spend a couple nights in Trabzon before heading back to Istanbul to meet my workcamp group for a few days of sightseeing. Yeah for a week of Trains, Buses and Taxis :-(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lukin it was great to hear from you! Keep learning and enjoying your time. We are still back here awaiting your safe return. Well wishes.


Callie and Wes.

Don the Legend said...

Hi Luke, Wow Temi looks like a neat place & really helping people which is great. I'm sure they will miss you. Enjoy your next journey Thinking of you as always....Love Dad
All is well here

Live;Laugh;Love said...

Hello Lukin~It's awesome to see where you've been! You are touching hearts and doing things that most of us won't ever challenge. Wishing you continued safety as you journey ahead....Take Care!! Love,Tammy

Anonymous said...

Looks like you and the kids are having fun. This group of pictures is another fine example of how decent you and your camera realy are!